Essential Patient Information
8.24.2020: Patients to Check In Via Clearwave Mobile App
Middlesex Digestive is moving into the future with an online check in kiosk, which will help patients check in for their appointment from their mobile or tablet device.
This new system, Clearwave, will not only help our efforts with limiting person-to-person contact in our center during the COVID-19 pandemic but will also save patients time.
How it Works:
- Step 1: Patient receives a text or email reminder in advance of their appointment, or a real-time text message if scheduled the same day.
- Step 2: Patient completes the pre-check process and is informed about the virtual waiting room option.
- Step 3: Our staff verifies patient information, reviews COVID-19 screening process and flags.
- Step 4: Upon arrival to our parking lot, the patient calls or texts provided number to alert us or their arrival.
- Step 5: Our staff checks the patient into Clearwave, which automatically checks patient in to the system. Staff updates the patient status when the doctor is ready.
- Step 6: Real-time text is sent to the patient alerting them that it is time to come inside, and the appointment occurs.
We are confident our new check-in system will delight our patients. To read more about Clearwave, please visit clearwaveinc.com. If you have any questions, please call us at (978) 226-1351.
8.4.2020: Middlesex Digestive Ups Patient Air Quality Amid COVID-19
In an effort to provide the cleanest air amid COVID-19, our center is utilizing Beyond by Aerus to remove 99.97 percent of particles in our facility.
The Energy Star certified Beyond Guardian Air provides better-than-HEPA filtration and proprietary ActivePure® Technology which is based on technology originally developed by NASA researchers for use on the International Space Station. It is recognized exclusively, worldwide, as Certified Space Technology.
About Beyond by Aerus
- The only air purifier on the market that uses an exclusive combination of technologies, including ion generation, a better-than-HEPA filter, Photocatalytic Oxidation and a proprietary ActivePure® Technology.
- ActivePure® Technology has been university tested and proven effective on bacteria, viruses, mold and fungi in the air and on surfaces
- Eliminates common triggers of allergies, asthma, and irritants to those with sensitive immune systems
- Uses ActivePure® Technology to create pristine air quality and attack contaminants
- on surfaces
- Ten unique features include technologies to capture 99.97% of particles as small as 0.01 micron
- Whisper-silent operation and purifies up to 2,000 sq. ft.
- Destroys VOCs, smoke and odors without ozone
- ActivePure is the only air purification technology in the world granted the Certified Space Technology seal by the Space Foundation
3.23.2020: Schedule Your Appointment with our Physicians via Telemedicine
Our center’s physicians know the strain COVID-19 will place on our healthcare system. Even though our endoscopy center has temporarily postponed elective surgeries until May 26, our doctors and nurse practitioner are still seeing patients daily in-office or via telemedicine. If patients choose to visit the office, we are taking extra precautions to ensure their safety.
If a patient is seeking care without leaving their home, then we are happy to meet that need with our telemedicine visits. To schedule a telemedicine appointment, please call (979) 429-2000 or (978) 429-2010.
2.11.2020: Crohn’s & Colitis Education Day Set for March 28 in Boston
Join us for our annual spring education program for individuals living with Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis and their families! Learn about the latest in IBD from healthcare providers and connect with others in your community dealing with these diseases.
Click here for more information.